ReelTalk Movie Reviews

Saturday, March 27, 2010

"Dragon" Article

I've brought up the interview i did with the cast of "How To Train Your Dragon" before, but the story ran in the Explorer and in the Arizona Daily Star. Here it is.


Shane




By Shane Weinstein, Special to The Explorer
Published:
March-24-2010

'How to Train Your Dragon'A big-screen adaptation of Cressida Cowell's 2004 novel "How to Train Your Dragon" is due out this Friday, March 26.The movie takes place in a mythical world of Vikings. It's about a not-so-burly Viking child who, instead of killing dragons, befriends one and attempts to make the community see the impact of their actions.It stars Jay Baruchel as the main character Hiccup and America Ferrera as Astrid.Although they are friends, Hiccup and Astrid could not be more opposite, with Astrid a real tom-boy and Hiccup is really not very tough at all."I relate to him because he is real skinny and childlike," Baruchel said in an interview, "and his dad wants him to be more athletic and physical then he wants to be, so these are all things that resonate with me.""I felt like growing up, I always wanted to be doing everything that the boys were doing because if it was just for girls, I felt like some how I was being put up in a box," Ferrera said about her childhood. "So instead of playing on the girls' softball team, I made my mom let me play on the boys' Little League baseball team, and that was my Astrid moment when I was growing up."Being in this movie was nearly a dream come true for both actors. It's the kind of movie they wanted to be in growing up."As a kid, The Sword in the Stone was it for me, and I get the feeling that I am kind of paying homage to Ward through Hiccup," Baruchel said proudly."I loved films like The Goonies, where there was real danger in these kids' lives," Ferrera said.DreamWorks' "How to Train Your Dragon 3-D" is in theatres March 26. It stars Jay Baruchel, America Ferrera, Gerard Butler, Craig Fergusen, Kristen Wigg and many more. Be sure to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment